mimosa designs

Etsy Shop Name: mimosa designs but found at etsy as "happyexpat"


What you sell: Mimosa features items that are inspired by life as an expariatet in the beautiful country of Morocco. Children's clothing and home deco items have a little Moroccan flourish. I also provide people with unusual supplies from Morocco; felt beads, henna stencils, little hand-crocheted buttons, etc.


Tell us about your featured item: This beautiful fuchsia basket was hand-woven by Moroccan craftsmen. I have added a sturdy cotton liner in a bold pattern. At the ties are Moroccan passementerie beads. The passementerie tradition thrives here in Morocco and is to be found on clothing and interior designs. The basket is a good example of what I love to do: putting a new twist on traditional items.

What do you enjoy most about running your own Etsy shop?
Discovering Etsy was a life-changing event! I adore the idea of selling handmade and unique items to people all around the world. When I mail a package from here in Morocco to New Zealand or Cyprus or Alaska, I am thrilled! I love having complete control over my little shop... Soon we'll be leaving Morocco for Thailand (a new expat adventure!) where I will continue to create for Mimosa.

Do you sell in any venues outside of Etsy?

I often have people stop by here in Rabat and we design things together. I've done a lot of clothing for little girls this way...what fun! My things are also featured on the Nest website (a wonderful micro-bartering project) and at Kuati.com

No comments: