Jeanne de Andrade Designs

Etsy Shop Name: Jeanne de Andrade Designs (jdeandrade.etsy.com)
What you sell: Handmade Artisan Jewelry
Tell us about your featured item:
Three Strand AAA Peruvian Opal and Sterling Silver Bracelet This bracelet features gorgeous, and very hard to find, AAA Peruvian Opal gemstones with sterling silver accent beads and a beautiful sterling silver decorative dinner cuff clasp. Peruvian Opal gemstones of this quality are getting harder and harder to find – the color is stunning!
Do you consider yourself and entrepreneur? Why or why not?
Yes, I would consider myself somewhat of an entrepreneur. I think if you had asked me that 5 years ago I would have definitely answered no. Three years ago I took a leap of faith and utilized 10 years of corporate marketing and graphic design experience to start a small marketing and design company. The company started with just one client and has now grown into more than 25 clients with continued growth in the foreseeable future.
To deal with the added stress of owning a successful and fast-growing company, I began making artisan jewelry. I found it very relaxing and I enjoyed utilizing my design skills for another medium. But what started simply as a hobby quickly turned into more. I began exhibiting my work at industry shows and ended up selling many of my pieces to jewelry stores and boutiques throughout the New England area. I came across Etsy in October of last year and was very impressed with the concept, so I thought I would give it a try. I am very glad I did. Since joining Etsy, I have sold 83 pieces and have been introduced to the work of many other talented artists.
I am thrilled to be a part of Etsy and I look forward to seeing where it all goes.
Do you feel more comfortable with the business or crafting side of your business? Why?
I am very comfortable with the business side of the jewelry making, mostly because I have a lot of experience in that area. However, I am most in love with the crafting side of the business. I look forward to the day when I can design and craft all day and let others worry about the nuts and bolts of the business.

No comments: