Ikow Designs

Etsy Shop Name: Ikow Designs

What you sell: Handcrafted Sterling Silver and 14K Gold Filled jewelry, specializing in the art of Chainmaille

Tell us about your featured item: My featured item is not one of my own design, but happens to be from the best set of pictures I’ve ever taken of my jewelry (photography is not a strong point for me). It’s the Barrels chainmaille weave in 20 gauge Sterling Silver rings. At a mere 6mm wide, this is a very delicate and somewhat airy looking weave, but is very strong and made to last a lifetime. It is simply stunning to see.

Is your Etsy shop a full-time job, part-time job, or hobby?

My shop is currently a part-time job, but I really hope it will lead into a full-time career.

Do you enjoy, loathe, or simply accept the necessity of record keeping for your business? Why?

I don’t enjoy the record keeping end of the business, but I don’t mind doing it. It comes with the territory. If you want to run a business, you have to learn what to do and know how to handle all aspects of it… that is unless you can afford to hire someone. It is frustrating, though, trying to find out everything you need to know, especially when it comes to filing taxes.

No comments: