B Dazzling Creations

Etsy Shop Name: B Dazzling Creations

What you sell: I create jewelry pieces for the modern women and all her many moods.

Tell us about your featured item: This piece is one of my personal favorites. It’s a nice combination of romance and femininity, with a fun punch of color. I love the juxtaposition of elements – soft tones, then the black for added drama. This piece was created with rhyolite, rhodonite, Swarovski crystals and sterling silver components.

Do you feel more comfortable with the business or crafting side of your business? Why?

The crafting side is far more comfortable, as it’s something that has to happen. Creating is a necessity! The business of selling is not so natural for me. That said – I do get great satisfaction seeing how much my business sense has developed over the years. I can now price an item in minutes, rather than agonizing over that detail for days. Spreadsheets and pricing programs are a necessity for me, they help remove some of the emotional side of creating – they help me see my piece as a product rather than a part of me. Sometimes that emotional tie blinds you to proper pricing and marketing strategies.

Have you read any good books to help you manage the business side of your Etsy shop?
I just finished reading Handmade for Profit by Barbara Brabec. I liked how the book translated natural creativity skills that crafters possess into business skills. It’s an easy read, and not intimidating at all. The only thing missing was a more extensive section on on-line businesses.

2 comments:

Made By Tammy said...

You have a Great Shop with Gorgeous Jewelry!

All Things Beadiful said...

Way to go bdazz!