Etsy Shop Name: Pink Quartz Minerals

What you sell: I sell handmade natural vegan mineral makeup. Foundations, veil, blushes, bronzers, eye shadows and eyeliners, concealers and correctors. I also make custom vegan lip balms.

Tell us about your featured item: My featured item is my Mineral Makeup Sampler Kit. It contains a choice of 6 products along with a fantastic silky vegan baby kabuki brush. This gives the opportunity to try out a variety of my products without a huge investment, and to get a high quality brush that will last for many years. Most people choose a few foundations, a blush or bronzer, and some eye shadows for their kit. I am also available to assist with color and product choices, I love to help people find their perfect colors!

Have you taken any business classes to help you prepare for being an Etsy shop owner? What class would you like to take?

I have taken business classes in college, but what is most helpful with my business is my degree in Interior Design. I apply many of the principles learned to my makeup business, whether it be color theory or marketing. I would like to take additional financial classes to assist in future expansion of my business.

Do you hire an accountant to help with your Etsy shop finances? Why or why not?

I do not have an accountant at this point in my business. I feel more comfortable keeping tabs on exactly where the money is going. Having a limited budget, decisions are constantly being made regarding where to spend the money most effectively. This month I may spend on minerals I am getting low on, and next month I may spend on new supplies, jars or new items to try in my business. I am very pleased with the software I bought from JJM Finance. It is easy to use and super helpful, making my paperwork much easier!

No comments: