Lula Boutique

Etsy Shop Name: Lula Boutique

What you sell: I sell vintage inspired jewelry and luxury boutique cards and accessories.

Tell us about your featured item: My featured item is the most sought after “Lily & Swallow” necklace. The simplicity of this necklace is why I adore it so and I believe that is why it has been such a big hit on Etsy!

How do you decide on the price of your products?

I actually don’t have a special formula to figure out the prices for the items in my shop. It has been more of a trial and error process for me. However, I take into consideration the cost of supplies and the time it takes to make each piece when deciding on the final listing prices. When I first joined Etsy, I had to find my niche and that’s just what I did by seeing what sold and what didn’t. The same goes for figuring out what prices buyers were willing to pay for each piece. Once I sell several pieces at a certain price, I stick with it because it works. I want my pieces to be somewhat affordable for buyers and still be able to run a profitable business for myself. I definitely price my pieces competitively within the Etsy community.

How do you market your Etsy shop?

First, let me say that I am very loyal to my Etsy shop because I absolutely adore it…and in my opinion, that is the best start to marketing something you love! I update Lula Boutique everyday and try and list new pieces often to keep buyers interested. I participate in the forums and maybe run a sale or two through the “Saturday Night Specials” and other promotions on Etsy. I also hand out my business cards whenever possible and I can always count on referrals. I also treat my customers with the utmost respect! My goal is to create a network of return customers who love my pieces. I create jewelry that is beautiful, made to last, and packaged like a personal gift from a friend. By doing this, I can be certain to have more sales follow because not only will buyers be back for more but their friends will too!

No comments: