SecretIdentity

Etsy Shop Name: SecretIdentity

What you sell: I make jewelry out of silver, beads and salvaged mechanical parts.

Tell us about your featured item: My featured item is a bracelet made of chain and magenta glass beads. I really loved the lipgloss pink color of these beads and I thought the shiny chain really set them off.

What do you enjoy most about running your own Etsy shop?

Etsy lets me work at my own pace. I like the flexibility of selling here. In addition to Etsy, I’m a librarian and a grad student, so I can fix my selling schedule around all my other commitments. If I want to list new items at three o’clock in the morning, I can. The environment at Etsy is much more individualistic and unique than on other selling sites.

What do you dislike most about running your own Etsy shop?

If I had to pick something, I would say the relative obscurity of Etsy. It’s not as widely known as that other E—site, so there isn’t that immediate recognition whenever I tell someone about my shop. I do love introducing people to Etsy.

No comments: