wovenchains

Etsy Shop Name: wovenchains

What you sell: I sell hand woven chainmaille jewelry in sterling silver, gold-fill and copper. Each piece I sell is woven together one ring at a time.

Tell us about your featured item: My featured item is a beautiful bracelet in sterling silver woven in the Dragonscale weave. When complete, the pattern actually resembles the scales on a dragon’s back. This is the most intricate and labor-intensive weave that I make, but the results are well worth the efforts. The weave is very flexible and invites anyone who sees it to touch the bracelet to feel the texture and the mobility

What do you enjoy most about running your own Etsy shop?

What I enjoy most about running my own Etsy shop is the fact that I am continually being challenged to make it better: better photos, more items, clearer descriptions. I can’t just sit on my laurels and expect to be successful, I have to stretch and work to improve upon what is already there. That makes me want to come back and work on what ends up being a very solitary endeavor.

Do you sell in any venues outside of Etsy?

I do sell in one major venue outside of Etsy, the Kent Farmers Market in Kent, Washington that runs from June through September every summer. I enjoy selling at the Market because it gives me a chance to meet my customers in person and see their reactions to the pieces I have made. I have also dabbled in craft fairs, and I would like to look more into those this year.

No comments: