RosannaElizabeth

Etsy Shop Name:
RosannaElizabeth
What you sell:
Unique handcrafted jewellery. I enjoy making one of a kind pieces, including custom orders. I love using genuine Swarovski crystals and gemstones and a variety of different metal bases. I am currently learning the art of wire work and absolutely love it!
Tell us about your featured item:
I have named this piece my “Blue Sea” bracelet because the mixture of blues reminds me of the sea. This bracelet is the first in my new series of wire work bracelets – and it is very fresh – I just made it this morning! I look forward to showing you more wire wrapped bracelets as I create them.
Do you believe there is any relationship between the number of sales a shop makes and the number of hearts they have?
I do believe there is some sort of a relationship, but I am yet to work that out! I have many hearts but not many sales yet as I am fairly new to Etsy. Many people “heart” shops because they like what they sell and might come back later for a gift or when they may need what the shop stocks. There are also many other reasons that people heart instead of just buying. It’s extremely hard to gauge, but, if anything, a heart is a great networking tool!
How do you market your Etsy shop?
Where do I start?! I only opened my Etsy shop at the beginning of the year and since then I have learnt many things in the forums from other sellers on how to market both online and offline. Online I promote on facebook, my new blog (http://rosanna-elizabeth.blogspot.com/), indiepublic and in the forums on Etsy, as well as listing and renewing items regularly.
Offline, there are many more things I do! I sell my jewellery at monthly markets and bigger craft fairs, I always give out cards and these regularly lead to custom orders. I always make sure that I give my details to customers when they purchase an item, I put either a business card or thank you card or sticker with my details including my web address into their bag so they can contact me. I wear my jewellery everywhere – when I get comments I say that I made it myself and hand them a card explaining that they can check out my jewellery at my etsy shop online.
Things that I’m yet to do include: getting a bumper sticker with shop name and url to put on my car and put posters/brochures on notice boards along with business cards. There are so many things I should do, but there are only 24 hours in a day! I do as much as I can, but try to balance creating with marketing…leaning towards spending more time doing what I love – creating – because I love it, and that’s why I’m here!

No comments: