Zahour

Etsy Shop Name: Zahour

What you sell: Sterling silver, gold and enamel jewelry.

Tell us about your featured item: This is a piece from my “Braille Ring” Series. I was inspired by an exhibition I went to that showcased the new inventions and innovations created to help the blind adapt to everyday life- tea pots, clocks, board games…etc. I started thinking about Braille and how we communicate visually and verbally. Some of my rings are simple expressions- Love, Flirt, Sexy, Hot...
This one says “Yes” in Braille but if you look at the band, the shape I created makes it look like the word “No.” It’s a fun interplay of symbols and form. Only the wearer knows your “blind” thought.

Do you enjoy, loathe, or simply accept the necessity of record keeping for your business? Why?

Interesting question- I want to meet the artists who enjoy record keeping! I simply loathe it. It keeps me away from my favorite part of the business- creating. I consider record keeping and promotions the necessary evil. Without doing them, I wouldn’t be able to create and have a business but I’m not good at it and I’m glad there are people like you out there who are- your tools are really great- simple, helpful and big time savers.

Do you get stressed just thinking about filing taxes?

Yes of course I do, every year. My husband is an independent contractor as well so we both have to file without the help of a W-2. Our tax forms are so long and daunting but it’s worth it to be able to do what we love as our careers!

No comments: