whimsicalpam

Etsy Shop Name And Address: Whimsical Jewelry & Accessories http://whimsicalpam.etsy.comWhat you sell: Handcrafted Beaded JewelryTell us about your featured item: My Shells and Pearls Necklace is a great summer piece. I love making this style of necklace. A simple chain with a cluster of shells and pearls or colorful glass beads and crystals. I think that they look great with the most formal to the most casual.Link to your featured product: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10793385Do you believe there is any relationship between the number of sales a shop makes and the number of hearts they have? Not directly. People heart shops for various reasons, some heart randomly, some heart to gain sales in their own shop (i.e. suppliers), some heart because they like your personality or agree with something you said (forums) and finally some heart because they're potential buyers. As a new buyer, they may feel safer purchasing from someone with a lot of hearts, so in that sense, there is a correlation between sales and hearts. Also, someone may find your shop by looking at another shop's favorites. How do you decide on the price of your products? I managed restaurants all of my life and we had one rule of thumb. Build your base first and don't expect to draw a profit for the first 2 years. I apply these principles to my Etsy shop. I buy quality supplies at the best possible prices and I use them creatively. I mix the more expensive stones with glass beads or crystals. Quality and customer loyalty is very important to me, so I cover my costs and add a "little" extra. If I charge $16.00 for a necklace, I'm still making a profit and I'm selling something affordable to everyone. I do not pay myself an hourly wage. That will come once my business is established.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for the feature. I love the layout and I'm finding some great shops!