VintiqueTreasures

Etsy Shop Name: Vintique Treasures

What you sell: I make handcrafted dollhouse miniature houseplants and vanity sets, in the 1” / 12” scale. I also sell antique and vintage supplies to other artists on Etsy. My ephemera packets include paper items that can date as early as the 1860s, to as late as the 1960s. I list found items that can include such things as jewelry and findings, antique lace, vintage sewing supplies, Victorian trade cards, early postcards and cigarette cards, old hardware etc. If I believe something old of quality can be recycled into a potential artistic statement, I’ll place it in my shop. I invite you to visit Vintique Treasures at Etsy and have a look! Thanks!

Tell us about your featured item: Here’s an example of the type of ephemera assemblage I offer on Etsy. I included photos from the late 1800s through the 1940s, 2 color bookplates published in the 1940s, a 1960s Walt Whitman reproduction of Civil War currency, produced for play and Civil War reenactments, an early 1910s hand tatted appliqué, 1914 birthday postcard, late 1800s salesman sample hidden name calling card, 1949 unused advertising calendar and expense pocket booklet, old steel bobbins, wooden needle case, thread label, Ohio vendor revenue stamp, and a 1920s Sew-n-Learn card.

Is your Etsy shop a full-time job, part-time job, or hobby?

I began selling on Etsy in December 2007, so I am classifying this shop as a part time job.

Do you enjoy, loathe, or simply accept the necessity of record keeping for your business? Why?

I’m not fond of record keeping, although I understand it is crucial to evaluating one’s progress. I am aware that it is a safeguard for the business as well, to justify deductions come tax time. If my shop’s sales were to soar, I would consider hiring a person to do the record keeping, so that I could concentrate on product development and promotion.

No comments: