Freckled Pink

Etsy Shop Name: Freckled Pink

What you sell: Boutique-style custom monogrammed goods, and beautifully unique embroidered stationery.

Tell us about your featured item: My featured item is a monogrammed pillow case. Perfect as a gift for a sorority sister, or simply your own little sister! This pillow case can be monogrammed in your choice of font, color, and trim. These monogrammed pillow cases are some of my favorite projects to work on, because they always come out so adorable! Have your name, initials, nickname, birth date, or even your travel destination monogrammed on the pillowcase! Each case, including the adorable grosgrain ribbon trim, is machine washable, and would be a great keepsake for anyone.

How do you market your Etsy shop?

The best marketing tool I have been fortunate enough to use has been word of mouth! My customers, especially locally, almost always come by referral from someone in the area who has shopped from me before. In order to keep this up, I work very hard to maintain good relationships with all of my shoppers, and am working on coming up with some incentives for return customers.

Why do you think that most Etsy shop owners are worried about filing taxes?

I believe the one main reason is this: most of us are afraid we will do something wrong and get into trouble. This was my first year to file taxes on my business, and though it was daunting at first, I learned a lot. After the first time around, for me at least, the fear is gone. I will work even harder from this point forward to keep immaculate records, so that future tax fears can be avoided!

No comments: