Mia Beads

Etsy Shop Name: Mia Beads

What you sell: An eclectic mix of jewelry for the young and young at heart! Mia Beads jewelry is based on the simplicity of nature and includes bright colors, flowers, and simple designs with organic pearls and vintage components. I offer trendy styles as well as delicate, feminine, timeless pieces.

Tell us about your featured item:hen I was making the “Treasure” Locket Necklace, I really had no clear idea of what it would like in the end… I just kept adding little beads and charms here and there, until it “worked” for me. I’m not the type to lay my beads out in a pattern and carefully string them in a row- I like when jewelry just happens. I think this piece sums up my style pretty well!

Is your Etsy shop a full-time job, part-time job, or hobby?

Technically, Mia Beads is a part time gig, as I have another job in the “real world” and I’m also taking college classes. However, the amount of time that I put into my etsy shop would definitely be considered full time hours - making, listing, packing, and sending. It’s a lot to keep up with, especially when I’m busy in other areas of my life, but I enjoy it!

Do you enjoy, loathe, or simply accept the necessity of record keeping for your business? Why?

I have a system, and I keep meticulous records of everything, but I need a better way of organizing it all. I never know where all of the meticulous records are when I need them! I guess you could say that I simply accept it; if I enjoyed it, I would probably have a better method of retrieving the data ß My business administration degree at work….

No comments: