Heartfeltbaby

Etsy Shop Name:
Heartfeltbaby.etsy.com

What you sell:
I sell felted baby and children’s clothing, and also accessories. The materials for my creations are pure wool and cashmere sweaters painstakingly acquired at yard sales and thrift stores. They are boiled for maximal shrinkage, cut apart, reassembled and embellished with vintage trim and buttons. Each item is unique and completely done by hand with much love to detail. Quality is paramount.

Tell us about your featured item:
My featured Item is a cardigan named PERDITA. This sweater is very soft and lightweight. Rich shades of purple, grey, lilac, coral and fuchsia combined with an animal print make it quite eclectic. It is embellished with exotic hibiscus flower appliqués (cut out from a vintage sweater) and closes with 5 vintage buttons.
Do you believe there is any relationship between the number of sales a shop makes and the number of hearts they have?
In my case I don’t think there is a correlation. I am always happy to get hearts and do have many, but unfortunately the sales are not quite as plentiful. At least I know somebody out there is looking at my store. I do not know how the relations ship works for other stores.

How do you decide on the price of your products?
I consider the time it takes to make each item. Unfortunately, the customer has the disadvantage of not being able to see and touch the item, which in my case seems important. The comment most made about my work is: “pictures do not do it any justice”.

No comments: