Jewel Street Designs

Etsy Shop Name And Address: Jewel Street Designs http://jewelstreet.etsy.com
What you sell: Modern sterling silver and copper jewelry. Most with an Art Deco theme.
Tell us about your featured item:
My Pink Bubbles bangle is a combination of sterling silver and copper so it's a perfect feature for my shop. It's created solely from copper and sterling tubing and inspired by bubbles. The modern bangle is great to wear with a pair of jeans or dress up for a night out. Like almost all my pieces, it's designed to be worn everyday.
Link to your featured product: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9984524
Do you believe there is any relationship between the number of sales a shop makes and the number of hearts they have?
You know, I have thought long and hard about this. I don't believe there is any relationship between number of hearts and number of sales. I love getting hearts and still get as excited over each one as I did the first one, but there are so many reasons why someone would heart my shop or someone else's. I've seen shops that have just as many hearts as sales and others with tons of hearts and not as many sales. Moral of the story is hearts are fabulous and wonderful but don't always turn into sales.
How do you decide on the price of your products?
I use a little equation to make sure I arrive at a fair price for my jewelry. It's probably very similar to the one most other shop owners use. Every time I make a supply order I have to change how much wire or metal costs per inch then I know when I start the pricing process how much each piece I used is going to add up. I always make sure I add in my overhead costs and an hourly wage not that I ever pay myself. It all goes back in to JSD for now.

No comments: