LeeluQ

Etsy Shop Name And Address: LeeluQ http://leeluQ.etsy.com OR www.leeluQ.com
What you sell: Quirky jewelry for quirky individuals, because EVERYONE needs to stand out sometimes!
Tell us about your featured item: I am always inspired by my surroundings, and the Sunset Flower Necklace is full of the warm colors I saw in the sky. The light orange-peach enameled brass flower is surrounded by varying sized oval carnelian gemstones and burgundy czech glass beads. LeeluQ Flower Necklaces are all re-purposed vintage flowers designed to sit off to the side of your neck, adding the perfect amount of sass to your look. Each necklace is one-of-a-kind, so the buyer knows that no one else will have a necklace that looks the same.
Link to your featured product: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9425876
Do you consider yourself and entrepreneur? Why or why not?
Oh definitely! Any time art or personal preferences are put out there on the market for sale, an artist is at the mercy of current fashion/styles/popular thought. I know that each individual is different and I want everyone to find something they would like to wear from LeeluQ, but If I didn't take risks with my designs, I wouldn't feel like I was being true to myself. Expanding my ideas to incorporate other colors/sizes/shapes has definitely helped (because if I created only what I would wear, all of my necklaces would be different shades of teal...and THAT just wouldn't do at all!). Ultimately, being able to adjust along with the ebb and flow of fashion while keeping true to my designs/ideas gives me pride in my work, and continually makes me my own best salesperson!
Do you feel more comfortable with the business or crafting side of your business? Why?
I think I am always going to be comfortable with having new ideas and letting my imagination take over...it's the process of making those visions into reality that often cause me difficulties. I usually just have to set things aside and work on something else; give my thoughts and hands a bit of a rest before it just, well... hits me! Recently I've grown more comfortable with the business side of LeeluQ, balancing supplies and sales (of course it helps to have friends whose brains see numbers while mine sees fluttering birds, flowers, and colorful palpitating hearts!).

No comments: