Shayna Maidel

Etsy Shop Name: Shayna Maidel

What you sell: Vegan lip balms, lip glosses salve and solid scent

Tell us about your featured item: Juicy Jaffa orange lip balm is a super yummy, super orangey delightful, vegan lip balm - it is very moisturizing. A Jaffa orange is, it is a sweet orange exported from Israel. They definitely inspired this lip balm!

How do you market your Etsy shop?

Not sure if I count it as marketing, but I spend a lot of time in the chat (red room especially) and on the forums. I guess that's more like networking which I recommend. Otherwise, I don't do too much. I am planning on printing out more business cards and sending them to a couple of sellers who send out cards wth their packages. I do own a domain name and forward it to my Etsy page, but a friend of mine on Etsy (MIzombie; http://mizombie.etsy.com) says submitting your domain to directories can really help getting your name out there. I just need to put a profile up on my site. Not enough hours in the day! I definitely would like to look into doing more advertising in the future.

Why do you think that most Etsy shop owners are worried about filing taxes?

They seem cumbersome and overwhelming, especially for sellers that aren't organized or aren't very good at math.

No comments: