brandistrickland

Etsy Shop Name And Address:
Brandi Strickland http:brandistrickland.etsy.com
What you sell:
100% Original Artwork My work is mixed media, and mostly two-dimensional
Tell us about your featured item:
“The Horse and the Tree” is an original mixed-media created on vintage book paper. I used acrylic paint and collage over a page from a book about Greek mythology. This page discusses the relationship between Zeus and his son Hephaestus. I love stories, fables, and mythology. They are always greater than themselves, discussing really big ideas but in a really humble way. Very inspiring.
Link to your featured product:
http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=9917797
Do you consider yourself an entrepreneur? Why or why not?
Reluctantly, yes. I’ll be honest; I wish I could spend all my time making art and not have to worry about money at all. But, since I’m here on earth, I spend a lot of my time managing my business and figuring out ways to get it out into the world. I’m not content making art part-time. Eventually I hope that being an entrepreneur will allow me to be a full-time artist. Motivation goes a long way, and I have bunches of it.
Do you feel more comfortable with the business or crafting side of your business? Why?
I am much more comfortable in my studio than I am making business plans and crunching numbers. Business is a foreign land and I’m just learning the language.

No comments: